Congratulations to Greta Southard, newly appointed as Library Director for the Allen County Public Library in Indiana!
The Board of Trustees of the Allen County Public Library seeks a collaborative and forward-thinking leader to serve as Library Director. The library serves the community of Allen County, Indiana, with a main facility location in downtown Fort Wayne and 13 branch libraries. This opportunity is available due to the upcoming retirement of the current Library Director, Jeff Krull.
The Allen County Public Library Director will be expected to:
This opportunity requires an individual with:
- Exhibit superior leadership and library operations skills
- Lead the staff and the library system in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Advocate for the library and enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations
- Be open-minded to imaginative solutions for age-old challenges
Additional Qualifications and Requirements:
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity, and an openness to new ideas
- Effective communication skills, including an emphasis on collaborative work
- Strong leadership with the ability to inspire staff, board and community
- Excellent interpersonal skills, politically savvy, and the ability to serve as an effective ambassador to the community
Salary negotiable based on qualifications. Excellent benefits.
- Must have a Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Understanding of current and emerging library technology and trends
For information on how to apply for this position, please click here.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo Attributions: Allen County Public Library and Visit Fort Wayne