The Board of Trustees of Cape Girardeau Public Library (CGPL), in southeastern Missouri, seeks an innovative and enthusiastic leader to serve as Library Director. CGPL is a municipal district library and provides library service to more than 39,000 residents of Cape Girardeau. The population of the greater Cape Girardeau area is about 100,000.
This position is open due to the retirement of the current director.
The CGPL Director will be expected to:
- Lead the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration, and trust
- Advocate for the library and enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations
- Continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity, and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- An understanding of both traditional and emerging trends in how libraries serve their communities
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire staff, board, and the community
Additional requirements include:
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited school
- Experience in a public library high-level leadership role with budget responsibilities.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Cape Girardeau” in the subject line of your email.
Salary $85,000 or higher, negotiable based on experience.
Questions? We welcome and encourage phone and email inquiries.
ohn Keister & Associates
Email: John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo attributions: Cape Girardeau Public Library