The Board of Trustees of the Flossmoor Public Library seeks a collaborative and visionary leader to serve as Library Director. This village library serves more than 9,400 residents of Flossmoor, Illinois, a beautiful town with a lively, diverse, proud and educated population. Located about 25 miles south of the Chicago Loop, Flossmoor oozes with small-town charm while enjoying easy access to the greater Chicago area.
About the Opportunity:
This opportunity requires an individual with:
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to inspire and lead the library and staff in a highly professional manner
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- Political savvy with well-developed skills at building and strengthening relationships with the community.
- An understanding of both traditional and new ways libraries serve communities
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Leadership experience in a public library that demonstrates the ability and skill to work in an ethnically and socioeconomically diverse community
- Strong high-level budgetary experience
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Flossmoor” in the subject line of your email.
We welcome and encourage phone and email inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo Attributions: Flossmoor Public Library