The Board of Trustees of the Morris Area Public Library District seeks an energetic and community-focused leader to serve as Library Director. This district library serves approximately 18,500 residents who live in and near the city of Morris, Illinois, a picturesque and historic town established in the mid-1800s about an hour southwest of Chicago. Once the Illinois & Michigan Canal opened in 1848 and the first steam trail railroad came through in the early 1850s, more residents moved to the area. Today Morris is the county seat and the largest community in Grundy County, Illinois.
About the Opportunity:
This opportunity requires an individual with:
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to inspire and lead the library and staff in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration and trust
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- Political savvy with well-developed skills at building and strengthening relationships with the community
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in library operations including customer service, technology and programming
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Experience in a high-level library leadership role with financial responsibilities
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Morris” in the subject line of your email. Applications received by February 17 will receive first preference.
We welcome and encourage phone and email inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo Credits: Morris Area Public Library