The Board of Trustees of the Northville District Library seeks a dynamic leader to serve as library Director. This opportunity is open due to the retirement of the previous Director.
Northville District Library (NDL) is an independent district library serving more than 36,600 residents in the City of Northville or the Charter Township of Northville, Michigan.
Northville, located northeast of Ann Arbor and northwest of Detroit, is a lively city and offers a strong sense of community. The city and township offer first-rate schools, beautiful neighborhoods and plenty of parks and trails for relaxing, enjoying nature and staying active. With a vibrant business district and walkable downtown, residents enjoy specialty shops, art galleries, theaters and fine restaurants.
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a forward-moving library that embraces the community it serves. The library is renowned for its excellent staff, board of trustees, and supportive community.
About the Opportunity
The Northville District Library Director will be expected to:
- Lead and inspire the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork and trust
- Cultivate community partnerships and be highly visible in the community
- Continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
- Experience in a high-level public library leadership role with financial responsibilities and an appreciation for alternative funding
- Ability to act as a consensus builder and work collaboratively with the library board, staff, and community
- Intellectual curiosity and openness to new ideas, coupled with a good business sense
- Understanding of both traditional and new ways libraries serve communities
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
Salary $85,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
p: 847-955-0541 (voice/text)
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Northville District Library