The Board of Trustees of Porter County Public Library System (PCPLS) in Porter County, Indiana, seeks an enthusiastic and creative leader to serve as Library Director. Located in northern Indiana, PCPLS provides library service to more than 145,000 residents of Porter County. This position is open due to the retirement of the previous director.
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a forward-moving library that has a friendly staff and excellent facilities.
The Porter County Public Library System Director will be expected to:
- Lead the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration, and trust
- Advocate for the library and enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations
- Continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity, and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- An understanding of both traditional and emerging trends in how libraries serve their communities
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire staff, board, and the community
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited school
- Experience in a public library high-level leadership role with budget responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain LC1 Indiana Library Certification
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “PCPLS” in the subject line of your email.
Questions? We welcome and encourage phone and email inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Email: John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo attributions: Porter County Public Library System and Indiana Dunes Tourism, Christine Livingston.