This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a beautiful library that has a friendly staff, dedicated board of trustees, and supportive community.
About the Opportunity
The Town and Country Library Director will be expected to:
- Lead and inspire the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork and trust
- Cultivate community partnerships and be highly visible in the community
- Continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
- Experience in a high-level public library leadership role with financial responsibilities and an appreciation for alternative funding
- Ability to act as a consensus builder and work collaboratively with the library board, staff, and community
- Intellectual curiosity and openness to new ideas, coupled with a good business sense
- Understanding of both traditional and new ways libraries serve communities
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
Salary $80,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits. Town and Country Library is in the process of securing IMRF compensation for its employees.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo attributions: Town and Country Public Library District