The Board of Trustees of the Frank L. Weyenberg Library of Mequon-Thiensville seeks an enthusiastic and community-minded leader to serve as Library Director. This opportunity is open due to the retirement of the current Director.
The library provides outstanding service to approximately 27,000 residents who live in Mequon and Thiensville, Wisconsin. Located on the western shore of Lake Michigan, these two north suburban Milwaukee communities are rooted in tradition with a vision for the future. Highly rated schools, fine homes, and fun-filled community events make this a great place to work, live, play and learn.
About the Opportunity:
This opportunity requires an individual with:
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to inspire and lead the library and staff in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration and trust
- Ability to continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- Well-developed skills at building and strengthening relationships with the community
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in library operations including customer service, technology and programming
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Hold or be able to obtain Wisconsin Library Certification
- Experience in a high-level public library leadership role with financial responsibilities
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Weyenberg” in the subject line of your email.
We welcome and encourage phone and email inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo Credits: Frank L. Weyenberg Library of Mequon-Thiensville