The towns and villages of Charles County, Maryland are lively communities that are steeped in history, blessed with great natural beauty, and committed to a progressive future. Located in southern Maryland, Charles County’s 155,000 residents delight in scenic views of the Potomac River while also appreciating their close proximity to the Washington D.C., Annapolis and Baltimore metropolitan areas.
As one of the fastest growing counties in Maryland, residents enjoy a high quality of life and easy access to the vibrant cultural, educational, and recreational opportunities of a major urban area.
The Executive Director will be expected to:
- Lead the library and staff in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Advocate for the library and enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations
- Exhibit strong leadership with the ability to inspire staff, board and community
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity, and political savviness
- Highly effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of current and emerging library technology and trends
- Must have a Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Experience in a high-level library leadership role with financial responsibilities and an appreciation for alternative funding
- Must hold or be able to obtain Maryland Library Certification
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Charles County” in the subject line of your email.
Interviews will be ongoing beginning in December 2019.
Salary $120,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Executive Search for Libraries
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo Attributions: Charles County Public Library