The City of Defiance is the county seat of Defiance County and is located in Northwest Ohio, about 45 miles northeast of Fort Wayne, Indiana and 55 miles southwest of Toledo, Ohio. With a wide variety of cultural activities, recreational opportunities and scenic vistas, the Defiance area is a great place to work and live!
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will be a leader with an approachable, honest, confident and respectful style. This individual should be visionary with an awareness of both traditional and emerging trends in how libraries serve their communities.
The Director will be an advocate for the library and enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations. As a consensus builder, the Director will understand that the Board of Trustees, library staff and community members all have roles in making their library both relevant and irreplaceable.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Superior leadership, administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to continue moving the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
- Intellectual curiosity and openness to new ideas, coupled with good business sense
- Experience in a high-level public library leadership role with financial responsibilities
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
Interviews will be ongoing. Please don't wait to apply.
Salary $75,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Executive Search for Libraries
Photos courtesy of Defiance Public Library System
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.