(Thank you for your interest but this opportunity is no longer open)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (CEO): Equinox Open Library Initiative
(Non-profit, Virtual/Remote, Relocation not required)
Equinox Open Library Initiative is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to providing libraries, archives, and cultural heritage organizations with the software tools they need through the power of open source software.
Equinox was founded in 2007 by the original developers and designers of the Evergreen ILS, one of the first open source integrated library systems available. In 2017 Equinox transitioned to a non-profit organization. Equinox is committed to ensuring that libraries and cultural heritage institutions can implement open source technologies with confidence. As a non-profit organization, Equinox is better able to align its mission with organizations whose goal is to share and promote knowledge and resources by way of an open source infrastructure. Equinox currently provides services for Evergreen and Koha, both open source integrated library systems, and FulfILLment, an open source interlibrary loan system.
Equinox is a fully remote office, but many team members work in the greater Atlanta area. The new Executive Director will not be required to relocate to Atlanta, GA. However, there may be extensive travel to the Atlanta area (up to 50%) for the first six (6) months.
Salary is competitive with a minimum of $120k per year or higher. Excellent benefits with 100% paid health insurance.
We are seeking a talented leader to guide Equinox as the organization grows and expands into new markets. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Trustees with the following primary responsibilities:
- Establish administrative and employment policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of Equinox
- Hire and retain competent, qualified staff and effectively manage the Human Resources of Equinox
- Oversee design, marketing, promotion, delivery, and quality of products and services
- Maintain fiscal integrity of Equinox to include the submission to the Board of an annual budget and monthly financial statements.
- Provide fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization and maintains a positive financial position.
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
Mission and Strategy
- Strategic planning to ensure that Equinox can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
- Drive growth, expand the market for the open source products and services that Equinox supports and improve sales of current products and services.
- Leverage the competitive edge provided by open source software systems.
- Work closely with a five to nine-member Board of Trustees to seek their involvement in policy decisions and strategic planning.
- Work with the Board in a manner that supports and guides the Equinox mission as defined by the Board of Trustees.
- Communicate with the Board in a timely and accurate manner and provide information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An entrepreneurial spirit with senior non-profit management experience with a technology service provider and/or experience in the fields of libraries, archives or museums.
- Strong motivational and staff leadership abilities.
- Strong financial management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Experience and skill working with a Board of Trustees.
- High level strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Demonstrated experience with change leadership and process improvement.
- Ability to work comfortably and collaboratively within a technical environment of software developers and engineers.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Library Science, Museum Studies, Archival Science, or related field.
TO APPLY FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Equinox” in the subject line of your email.
Interviews will be ongoing beginning December 2019.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.