The Grayslake Area Public Library District provides services to approximately 28,000 residents in and near the Village of Grayslake, a northern suburb of Chicago.
About the Opportunity:
The Executive Director will continue to move the library forward by nurturing an organizational culture that supports and celebrates all the diverse needs and interests of the community.
The successful candidate will be a consensus builder who can lead the Board of Trustees, library staff, and community members in their commitment to ensuring that the library remains vibrant and irreplaceable.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and decision-making skills, with the ability to both lead and work collaboratively with staff, the board, community leaders, and the general public
- The passion and enthusiasm to advocate for the library and serve as an ambassador to the Grayslake area community
- An ability to adapt to change, foster teamwork, and demonstrate the best standards of customer service
- High-level public library managerial and leadership experience with financial and planning responsibilities; GAPL is an Illinois District type of library
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited school
Salary $105,000/yr or higher, negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits. The library participates in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Executive Search for Libraries
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Grayslake Area Public Library District