About the Library
The Hamilton East Public Library provides service to the community through its two locations in Noblesville and Fishers. Its holdings include a sizable genealogy and local history collection, a popular board game collection, a seed library, abundant physical and downloadable materials, and community resources. Makers, artists, and anyone who wants to explore their creative side can find fantastic equipment and encouragement at the Ignite Studio. The Noblesville Library Digital Media Lab provides users with the equipment and resources needed to create high-end digital media projects. Meeting and study rooms and computer classrooms accommodate groups of various sizes and needs.
About the Position
The Public Services Manager (PSM) is a core member of the library's senior leadership team and is responsible for directing the Public Services team, a group of talented professional librarians and trained assistants responsible for all aspects of library services to the public. The team will be tasked with drawing on their own strengths and talents as they seek to create the highest quality services and programs for residents in the HEPL communities. In addition to guiding and supporting the team, the PSM should be committed to providing excellent service throughout the library system and to furthering HEPL's mission of being the community's essential connector to information and ideas.
Priorities for the next three years will involve:
- Redefining collections, programs, services, and delivery to better reflect the community's tastes and needs
- Leveraging partnerships to cultivate a strong sense of community
- Nurturing an inclusive culture and pursuing activities and opportunities that celebrate the voices and viewpoints of all community members
Qualities of a successful candidate include:
- Superb customer service skills combined with a passion for public service
- A forward-thinking mindset plus an openness to change and growth, and the ability to apply strategic thinking while managing daily operations
- Knowledge of best practices and emerging trends in public librarianship, with the goal of enhancing the user experience
- Enthusiasm for leading and mentoring a large team, including encouraging ongoing, meaningful professional development
- Master of Library Science degree or equivalent from an ALA-accredited school
- Ability to acquire Indiana Certification LC2
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “HEPL” in the subject line of your email.
Salary $54,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits. Cost of Living Index 91 (National Average 100)
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries. First consideration given to applications received by May 20, 2021. Interviews will be ongoing beginning May.
John Keister & Associates
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Hamilton East Public Library