Muskingum County, located east of the state capital of Columbus, is one of Ohio's most unique destinations. The county and Zanesville, the county seat, are rich in opportunities for outdoor recreation, culture and the arts, eclectic dining, and other entertainment. Muskingum County is a great place to work, play, and live!
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will be a leader with an approachable, honest, confident, and respectful style. This individual should be open-minded and creative, with an awareness of both traditional and emerging trends in how libraries serve their communities.
The Director is expected to be an integral member of the community and serve as an advocate for the library by participating in local events and organizations.
The right Director will be a consensus builder who understands that the Board of Trustees, library staff, and community members all have roles in making their library relevant and irreplaceable. Great libraries, with great Directors, keep evolving. The Muskingum County Library System is looking for greatness!
Qualifications and Requirements
- An understanding of current and emerging trends in library operations including customer service, technology, and programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire the staff, board, and community
- Intellectual curiosity and openness to new ideas, coupled with good business sense
- A passion for librarianship with a clear vision of the future
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Leadership experience in a public library that demonstrates the ability and skills to work in a socioeconomically diverse environment.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “MCLS” in the subject line of your email.
Salary $90,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries. Interviews will be ongoing, please apply by July 22, 2020.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Muskingum County Library System