Located in north central Indiana, the library provides services to approximately 22,000 people who reside in Middlebury, Jefferson, or York townships in Elkhart County. Residents enjoy a relaxing lifestyle that comes from living in a region that supports a manufacturing and agricultural economy, scenic landscapes, vibrant towns, and easy access to nearby urban centers with plentiful entertainment and recreational opportunities.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will be a creative and enthusiastic leader who will serve as an effective ambassador to the diverse communities of the Middlebury Community Public Library. The director will be expected to continue to move the library forward with the best understanding of both traditional and innovative methods for this library to serve our community.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High-level public library leadership experience with financial and planning responsibilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the board, staff, community and business leaders, and the general public
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to change and be responsive to needs while exemplifying the best standards of customer service
- A passion for librarianship with a clear vision of the future
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
Salary $70,000 to $85,000/year, negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits including participation in the Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS).
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries. Interviews will be ongoing starting in late November.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Middlebury Community Public Library