Headquartered in Sheboygan, the Monarch Library System is a regional library system in southeastern Wisconsin. The system supports 31 member libraries that provide service to more than 425,000 residents of four counties within a 2,000 square mile area.
This opportunity is a mix of leadership, marketing, technology, and content knowledge. This role requires a Director who is both detail-oriented (for a deep understanding of each unique member library) and a big-picture thinker (able to envision where the system is and where it's headed). The Director should have the ability to build consensus and inspire the Monarch Library System community.
The Director will be expected to:
- Establish strong relationships built on trust
- Lead the talented system staff in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Oversee the system budget with the assistance of staff
- Advocate for the system at the local and state levels
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity, and an openness to new ideas
- Superior communication skills, including an emphasis on collaborative work
- Thorough knowledge of public libraries and an excellent business sense
- Excellent interpersonal skills, politically savvy, and the ability to serve as an effective representative of MLS
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Eligibility for Grade 1 Wisconsin Public Librarian Certification
Annual salary $85,000 or higher, based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits. Cost of Living Index 81 (National Average 100)
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries. First consideration given to applications received by May 28, 2021. Interviews will be ongoing beginning in May.
John Keister & Associates LLC
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photo courtesy of Monarch Library System