New Richmond, located in St. Croix County, is an innovative and progressive family friendly community and is part of the Minneapolis - St. Paul MN - WI Combined Statistical Area. Residents are proud of their community with its mix of small-town friendliness, excellent schools, and proximity to all the cultural and entertainment amenities of the Twin Cities.
As Director, you will be an integral part of the planning and construction of a new library building to serve the growing needs of the New Richmond community.
The library and City of New Richmond have Family First and Safety First as two core values. For Family First, it is recognized that employees have family outside of work and employee families are celebrated. Safety First is a matter of all employees, regardless of position, take responsibility to ensure that the work they do is safe for themselves and others around them as well as residents.
The Director will be expected to:
- Continue moving the library forward to best serve the needs of the New Richmond community
- Exhibit superior leadership, administrative, and organizational skills
- Advocate for the library and cultivate community partnerships
- Work collaboratively with the City Administrator and other city departments
This opportunity requires an individual with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an approachable, honest, and respectful leadership style
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity, and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- A passion for librarianship with a clear vision of the future
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- An understanding of both traditional and new ways libraries serve communities
- Experience with a library renovation or building program is desirable but not required.
Interviews will be ongoing during September of 2019. Please don't wait to apply!
Salary $70,000/year minimum, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries.
John Keister & Associates
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Friday Memorial Library