Located in north central Indiana, the library provides services to approximately 19,600 people who reside in Center or West Townships in Marshall County. Plymouth, the county seat and commercial center of Marshall County, is a friendly community where residents enjoy the perks of living in a picturesque small town while having easy access to the larger metro areas of South Bend/Mishawaka and Chicago.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will be a creative and enthusiastic leader with an approachable, honest, confident, and respectful style. The Director will be expected to continue to move the library forward with a deep knowledge of both traditional and innovative ways in which this library may serve the community.
As an advocate and ambassador for the library, the Director will be expected to enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations. The Director also will understand and facilitate the roles that the Board of Trustees, library staff, and community members play in making the library both relevant and irreplaceable.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Superior public library leadership experience with financial and planning responsibilities
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with the board, staff, community leaders, and the public
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to change and respond to needs while exemplifying the best standards of customer service
- A passion for librarianship and a vision of how to further the role of the library in the community, coupled with the intellectual curiosity to explore new ideas
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Ability to obtain a minimum of LC2 Indiana Public Library Certification
To apply for this opportunity, please submit a cover letter, current resume, and three professional references using the contact information below. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and "Plymouth" in the subject line of your email.
Salary $70,000 to $80,000/year, negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits including participation in the Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS).
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries. Interviews will be ongoing beginning in January 2021.
John Keister & Associates
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Photos courtesy of Plymouth Public Library