This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a forward-moving library that embraces the community it serves. The library is renowned for its excellent staff, board of trustees, and beautiful Carnegie building.
The library serves more than 36,000 residents of Putnam County through its 24,000 square foot facility in Greencastle, Indiana. Greencastle is the county seat of Putnam County and is located in west-central Indiana, about halfway between Indianapolis and Terre Haute. Greencastle is home to DePauw University.
About the Opportunity:
The successful candidate will be a leader with an approachable, honest, confident and respectful style. This individual should be visionary with an awareness of both traditional and emerging trends in how libraries serve their communities.
The Director will be an advocate for the library and enthusiastically participate in community events and organizations. The Director will understand that the Board of Trustees, library staff and community members all have roles in making their library both relevant and irreplaceable.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Superior leadership, administrative and organizational skills
- Prior experience as a library Director desired but not required
- Demonstrated ability to continue moving the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
- Intellectual curiosity and openness to new ideas, coupled with good business sense
- Experience in a high-level public library leadership role with financial responsibilities
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Ability to obtain LC2 Indiana Public Library Certification
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, current resume and three professional references to email@example.com. Please include your last name in the title of any attached files and “Putnam County” in the subject line of your email.
Salary $70,000/year or higher, negotiable based on experience. Excellent benefits.
Interviews will be ongoing. Please apply by November 22, 2019.
Questions? We welcome and encourage inquiries. Please contact John or Sarah at:
John Keister & Associates
Executive Search for Libraries
Sarah Keister Armstrong & Associates
Strategic Planning and Community Needs Assessment
Photos courtesy of Putnam County Public Library
Our firm is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, and will not discriminate against any candidate because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.